War-gaming so big it will block out the sun!
Club House Rules
1. Your army should be of one “force”. The forces available will be:
a. Imperial (Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Inquisition, Titan Legions)
b. Chaos (Chaos Daemons, Chaos Space Marines, Traitor IG, Traitor Space Marines, Titan Legions)
g. Dark Eldar
2. Everything must be WYSIWYG and painted to a table-top standard. We’re letting you take whatever you want, but we need some way of being able to identify what you’ve brought!
3. You can bring any Legendary Formation, Apocalypse unit (Baneblade, titan, etc.), or Special Character that you’d want, but you have to announce it to the group beforehand. We don’t want two Abaddons on the table!
a. If you are using a Special Character’s rules, but not the model, paint scheme, or name, then there can be more than one.
4. If you bring a Legendary Formation, Apocalypse unit, or Special Character you do not get the one “free” Strategic Asset. This is to allow people without “special” units to do fun things as well.
a. A player can bring up to ONE Strategic Asset that requires a marker for +1000 points as long as they have an appropriate marker. This includes all battlefield assets, Vortex Grenade, and Blind Barrage.
5. Datasheet sources: Anything higher on the list supersedes anything lower.
a. Our web page
b. Any that you submit for your own units/models. These will make the web page before the battle.
c. Warhammer 40,000: Apocalypse expansion
f. Imperial Armour Apocalypse II. Changes of note:
1. Hydra Autocannons get AA mounts
2. Manticore missile launcher gets its choice of 3 different missiles
3. Lightning has a greater selection of missiles/bombs
4. Chaos Reaver Titans may be Possessed for +100 points.
1. It’s FAQ. Some units are unworkable without the FAQ.
2. The update to Imperial Armour 1: Imperial Guard.
3. The update to Imperial Armour 2: Space Marines & Inquisition.
h. Reaver Titan:
1. If equipped with appropriately massive weapons we’ll use the Forge World Reaver Titan rules at 1500 points.
2. When equipped with Armorcast weapons only a Reaver Titan is 1400 points.
3. The Armorcast “flamer” type weapon is to be used as an Inferno Gun. (This same model can be used on a Warhound and the Warhound cannot have a Melta Cannon.)
4. Chaos Reaver Titans may be Possessed for +100 points (as in Imperial Armour Apocalypse II).
1. Damaging a Super Heavy:
a. Any weapon or ability that causes an “auto-shaken” result instead results in a single “Gun Crew Shaken” result.
2. Ranges: Any ability that has ‘unlimited’ range in a standard Warhammer 40,000 game has a range of 96”. Abilities that have unlimited range in Apocalypse battles retain their unlimited range
3. Claiming Objectives/Scoring Units:
a. Any squad at or above 50% starting unit strength as long as they are not fleeing. Multi-wound models count as whole models regardless of number of remaining wounds.
b. Any vehicle that is not Immobilized or Wrecked.
a. Units that would otherwise qualify as one of the above but are specifically stated as being non-scoring in their codex entry (such as swarms, Death Cult Assassins, Spore Mines, etc.) are NOT scoring units.
4. Modifiers to Vehicle Damage Table:
a. AP1 weapons get a +1 on the Super Heavy Damage Table. This is cumulative with other bonuses.
b. AP- weapons get a -1 on the Super Heavy Damage Table. This is cumulative with other bonuses.
5. Destroyer Weapons:
a. Destroyer Template Reduction: All Destroyer-strength weapons have their template size reduced to the next smaller standard size unless specified otherwise.
1. 10” blast becomes 7” blast.
2. 7” blast becomes 5” blast.
3. 5” blast becomes 3” blast.
4. 3” blast becomes 2” blast. (Yes, we have a 2” blast marker.)
5. Non-blast and close combat weapons are not changed.
b. Destroyer Cover Saves: Heads DOWN!: If a unit is in cover and wounded by a ranged weapon with the Destroyer special rule the unit can choose to gain a 6+ cover save vs. the weapon in exchange for being Pinned in the following turn.
6. Flyers in v5:
a. When damaging a flyer, all shots suffer a -1 on the vehicle damage table. This is cumulative with other bonuses. This is in response to them losing the rule that downgraded all hits to glancing. They do not get a 4+ save due to moving “Flat Out.”
b. If a flyer is operating in Hover Mode all rules for fast skimmers (or super-heavy fast skimmers) apply. They do get a 4+ save if they move “Flat Out” and do not get the -1 to the vehicle damage roll. The number of weapons that they fire is affected by the speed at which they move! Super-heavy fast skimmers cannot move “Flat Out.”
c. Valkyries, Vendettas, and Storm Ravens are played as Flyers with the Hover Mode special rule.
d. Flyers are always considered to be more than 12” away from any model with a Void Shield. (Flyers in Hover Mode are acting as Skimmers, and are temporarily immune to this clarification.)
7. Titan Close Combat Weapons: Warlord and Reaver Titan Close Combat weapons may hit Monstrous Creatures and Vehicles. (All other Titan Close Combat Weapons can hit any target unit type.)
8. Direction of Apocalypse Barrage: An Apocalypse Barrage template is a barrage and always hits the side (i.e. top) armor.
9. Multiple Strategic Assets: You may have multiples of any Strategic Asset that you pay points for. For example, if you have two formations that each come with an Orbital Bombardment, then you can have two Orbital Bombardments. Since having a formation will stop you from getting a ‘free’ Strategic Asset, you will only have assets you pay points for.
10. Deep Strikes: In order to avoid a player’s models being scattered all over the table, some Deep Strike mechanics have been changed.
a. Deep Strike Mishap Table is changed to the following:
Terrible Accident! (Destroyed)
Delayed 1 turn
Delayed 2 turns
b. Deep Striking Formations: Any force that arrives as one ‘unit’ but Deep Strikes separately will not scatter off of the main unit. If any of the units Mishap, they all do.
Formerly-legal Models and Units: A lot of the recent codices have made some models or units illegal. Since this is Apocalypse, you shouldn’t be required to take apart one of your favorite models just because a new book came out and the wording changed. (I’m looking at you, Codex: Chaos Space Marines!) If you have any models or units that fall into that situation, let us know and we’ll list them here. I’m sure that there are a lot of units that changed in Codex: Space Marines, but I’m not an expert in that army.
1. Chaos Space Marine Lords/Sorcerers, Chaos Space Marine Champions, or Space Marine Sergeants with more than one special close combat weapon (A power fist and a power weapon, for example) or weapons that are different than are currently allowed. Pay the points required for each upgrade. (This essentially gives Chaos Sorcerers and Champions access to the Chaos Lord’s weapon options.)
2. A Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer may replace his equipment as if he was a Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion (from the Troop squad).
3. Chaos Space Marine Terminator Heavy Weapons were previously one per three models, and are now one per five. Allow them at one per three. Loyal Terminators may have two Heavy Weapons regardless of squad size.
4. A Chaos Space Marine Daemon Prince may take a Daemon Weapon for 100 points (marked appropriately).
5. Space Marine Vanguard Veterans may take assault weapons as per Sternguard Veterans.
6. Space Marine Assault Squads may take two Melta Guns for +5 points each & any model may take Melta Bombs for +5 points.
7. Space Marine Command Squads may be 5 – 10 models. Additional veterans may be purchased at 25 points each.
1. Each phase will be timed. We’ll start with 45 minute phases, and will adjust as the game goes on.
The purpose of movement trays is to make the use of large quantities of infantry faster and more efficient.
1. Infantry movement trays will be treated as a single model for movement purposes.
2. Shooting will be measured from each individual model, as if they were all different guns on a large vehicle. If it is reasonable to assume that a model would have range or LOS to a target if that model was allowed to move freely in the space occupied by the tray, then they will be allowed to have range or LOS.
3. If half of the movement tray is in cover, then the entire tray benefits from cover.
4. Once one model in a tray is Engaged in assault, the entire tray is Engaged as per 40k5.
5. Casualties can be removed from anywhere on the tray, but effort should be taken to keep the unit as densely-packed as possible. 2” coherency still applies.
6. Any model may change places with any other model on the tray at the start of a movement phase without counting as moving.
1. Army tracking sheet. This convenient sheet will help a player keep track of the large number of units that may be on the battlefield.
1. Battle Company: The Careful Planning Strategic Asset may benefit other Space Marine units from the same chapter controlled by the same player (i.e. Dreadnoughts, Land Raiders, Thunderhawk Gunships, etc.).
Chaos Daemon Summoning:
1. This is Apocalypse. You are encouraged to bring units from both Codex: Chaos Space Marines and Codex: Chaos Daemons, especially if you are sticking with a singular Chaos Power.
2. Units from Codex: Chaos Daemons may enter the game via Deep Strike as normal. Alternately, they may enter from a Warp Rift or appropriately-marked Icon (including those carried by units of daemons). An Icon of Chaos Glory can summon any daemons from the player's own army or Undivided daemons from an ally's army. If the daemons deploy off of an Icon or Warp Rift they may run/shoot and assault in the turn in which they arrive.
1. Warlord Command Tower: A Warlord Titan may be equipped with a Command Tower for +200 points.
a. At the start of the titan’s movement phase, the titan may choose to configure the tower in any one of the following Front Line Assets: Disruptor Beacon, Null Field Generator, Supreme Headquarters, or Shield Generator.
b. The titan may be equipped with one or more Planetstrike Interceptor Weapons at +100 points each.
1. Any tank based on the Baneblade chassis can take a second set of sponsons (with a lascannon and twin-linked heavy bolters) for +100 points.
Log of changes:
o 12/08/2010: First revision of house rules page